Kick the Bucket: What are the top items on your anti-bucket list — those things you never, ever want to do, places you never want to visit, books you never want to read, etc.?
To be honest, I don’t even have a regular bucket list, so how could I know what I don’t want to do? Well, I did make a bucket list a while back but it is forever trapped in a phone that got stolen from me (one of the things on that list was to actually walk 500 miles as in the cult classic “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)”. I’ve never thought of having an anti-bucket list, wanting to restrain myself from doing stupid and dumbass things. Okay, so now that the question has come up, there are many things I would never think of doing (though might entertain the thought of).
Off the top of my head (some of these might be a little contrived) are my top 20 over 20:
- Walk on a thin piece of rope, blindfolded and unrestrained, across two towers over a busy metropolis as daredevil Nik Wallenda has done numerous times in his illustrious career of death-defying stunts.
- Live in my hometown for the rest of my life, never get to travel, learn about other parts of the world.
- Read the “Twilight” series of books or anything in the “50 Shades of Grey” department (I might watch the film though when it comes out).
- Never accomplish anything on the positive bucket list I will soon write down.
- Become a lifetime smoker.
- Become a lifetime drunk.
- Hold up a sign on the side of the road begging for food and money when there is a food bank and plasma center (where you can donate for cash) just around the corner.
- Grow a ridiculous long beard of Duck Dynasty proportions.
- Kick the bucket before I am 60 (though sometimes life is unpredictable).
- Go against any item on my anti-bucket list.
- Streak naked onto the field of any sporting event.
- Visit Iraq or any country with never ending disputes and threats of nuclear warfare.
- Become a victim in a real life Friday the 13th scene.
- Sing the national anthem and get the most ridiculed response ever because of how bad I sounded or how bad I screwed up the lyrics (in truth though I believe I have a very good singing voice).
- Meet Bill Gates in an elevator and not know what to say.
- Crawl down a manhole, trudge through the sewers.
- Spend hours and hours trying to beat all 256 levels (including the Kill Screen) of the original Pac-Man.
- Not see the Cubs win a World Series or the Detroit Lions win a Super Bowl (but these
things are not in my control or could I make something happen?).
- Be involved in a plane hijacking or plane crash in which me and 41 other people survive and live on a
mysterious island for 6 virtual years.
- Get a role in a pornographic film (even if I am cash-strapped).
So those are 20 things I am writing down not to do from this point in time at age 23 and some change. There are no guarantees that any of these will even be on the edge of failing (such as meeting Mr. Gates in an elevator, that’s probably one for the to-do bucket list).
About the 20/20 part – I don’t have perfect 20/20 vision since one of my eyes has been impaired since birth. It becomes more apparent when I put on a pair of sunglasses or try to view 3D movies with those special glasses – I can only see through the left frame. I can barely see out of my right eye and this does affect some activities that are essential in life such as driving. But I don’t want that to hold me back from living the life I dream of. I try everyday to work around my limitations. If a guy with no arms can get by in this world, I sure can get by with one good eye.
I really wish the pingbacks would get fixed.