My mind says: Why do you have to be so lazy? Why do you procrastinate so much? Stop wasting time and get going on whatever it is that needs to be done.
I say: I’ll do it eventually but right now I need to do this lesser important thing.
It’s a natural thing that we’ve all fallen victim to and learning to fight it is essential to a fulfilling life. I procrastinate all the time because when the going gets tough, I feel it best to lay off the activity until I can best handle it.
Five reasons why we procrastinate:
- Preference for more fun activities
- Not committed to the task
- Afraid of failure (or succeeding and being expected to produce similar results consistently).
- Not enough knowledge of the task
- The project seems just too big to complete
I feel the best way to tackle these five pitfalls (and many more) is to take it one step at a time and organize yourself. Learning to accept failure, for instance, will make you a stronger person and able to learn from your mistakes.
Time slips away
Take your time, nickel and dime
Waste another day